Acceptable Use Policy
Amanah Tech Inc’s (Amanah) Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs the use of all products and services (collectively referred to as the “Services”) offered by Amanah and provided to the Customer. By accepting service from Amanah, all users of the Services including a Customer of Amanah, a Customer’s end users, employees, agents and contractors (collectively, “Users”) must comply with this AUP.
While Amanah does control any content of any website, electronic mail transmission, news group, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services, Amanah does reserve the right to monitor any and all communications and activity through or with the Services to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of this AUP. Amanah may, as required, disclose any information concerning Users or Customers that is necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or lawful request, or as is necessary to protect itself or others. Amanah may cooperate with law enforcement or the appropriate legal authorities in investigations of claims of illegal activity involving the Services or any Users thereof, and to respond to any violations of this AUP to the extent permitted under applicable law. There is no requirement of Amanah to report this cooperation with legal authorities to the Customer or its Users, and may in fact, be contrary to the any order.
Customers, Users and Visitors are prohibited from engaging in the following conduct while using the Services:
- Illegal use
– transmit by email, uploading, downloading, posting, or otherwise (collectively, “Transmit”) any material that, intentionally or unintentionally would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or would otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, federal or international law (including Canada’s anti-spam legislation), or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder;
- Distributing Spam Email:
Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Amanah’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Amanah’s servers, is prohibited. Amanah accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Known Spam Operations:
Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unsolicited Mailing Lists:
Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists, or subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Amanah customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Amanah hosted domain, or referencing any Amanah account, is prohibited.
- Harm to Minors
– harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way;
– Transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property;
- Tortious or Actionable Activity
– Transmit information that constitutes slander, libel or defamation, publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person’s consent or otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person;
– Transmit any material that harasses another;
- Fraudulent Activity
– make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes, “Ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters”;
- Subversion of System, Facilities or Equipment
– subvert, evade or assist others in subverting or evading, the security or integrity of any of Amanah’s or its other customer’s systems, facilities or equipment
- Forgery or Impersonation
– adding, removing or modifying network header or identity information in an effort to deceive or mislead, or impersonate;
- Unauthorized Access
– access or attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Amanah’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data;
- Export of Information
– export, re-export, transfer, or make available, whether directly or indirectly, any regulated item or information to anyone outside Canada without first complying with all export control laws and regulations which may be imposed by the Canadian Government or any country or organization of nations within whose jurisdiction Customer operates or does business;
- Violating Copyrights & Trademarks:
Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Prohibited & Illegal Software:
Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Collection of Personal Data
– collect or attempt to collect, personal information about any parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Disruptions and Unfriendly Activity
– Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on Amanah’s network or on another provider’s network.
- Account Sharing
– engage in account sharing, including, without limitation, permitting third parties to use Customer’s Service account and password; and
- Harmful Messages
– Transmit any information or software which contains a virus, “cancelbot”, “Trojan horse”, “worm” or other harmful or disruptive component.
Consequences of Violations
- Written or verbal warnings;
- Temporarily block access to Services;
- Service suspensions;
- Service cancelations, of which reactivation charges may apply;
- Removal of any materials on any website, electronic mail transmission, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services;
- Cooperate with law enforcement or the appropriate legal authorities in investigations of claims of illegal activity involving the Services or any Users thereof;
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages caused by violations; and/or
- Enforce any rights and take any other remedies available to it under the Service Agreement, at law, or in equity.
Amana Tech encourages its Customer and Users to report suspected or known violations of this AUP to us at the following email address: email@example.com
Revisions to This Acceptable Use Policy
Amanah reserves the right to revise, amend or modify this Acceptable Use Policy as required. It is the responsibility of the Customer to review this document, inform itself, and ensure adherence as to the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy, as posted on Amanah’s website at www.amanah.com.