Amanah Means Trust
This is our name. This is our mantra.
This is the cornerstone of our company.
What we’re all about
Amanah provides small and medium sized businesses with reliable and affordable dedicated servers and colocation services. Since our official launch in 2001, we’ve attracted thousands of customers from 40 different countries around the world.
To become Toronto’s first choice for small and medium-sized businesses looking for affordable colocation services and dedicated servers.
To provide cost effective solutions from our Canadian owned and operated data centers, while always staying true to our customer-centric focus.
Our Network is Always On.
That’s Right, Always.
Here’s How We Do It.
Our main network is based out of 151 Front Street and we’re directly interconnected with our second network at 1 Yonge Street through dark fibre with zero-latency.
Our network is assembled using a mix of providers and we peer directly with the Toronto Internet Exchange (TorIX). With over 230 peers connected, TorIX members have access to direct routes from many different partners. Using TorIX allows for a reliable exchange of traffic with increased routing control and improved performance.
Here are the most important elements you should know about our network.
- There are 10+ unique network providers with a point of presence (PoP) onsite, with access to 150+ unique carriers
- There’s a Meet-Me-Room (MMR) at 1 Yonge Street with direct access to MMRs at 151 Front Street via Amanah’s fibre network
- We have TORIX peering
- There’s Cogent POP
Great Locations and Blazing-Fast Connectivity
Amanah owns and operates two data centers in the heart of downtown Toronto. The first is located at 151 Front Street West (Canada’s premier carrier hotel) and the second is at 1 Yonge Street (the longest street in world!). Both data centers are interconnected with multiple path dark fibers.
- Diesel backup generators
- Uninterrupted power supplies N + 1
- Multiple backup modular power distribution systems
- Diverse automatic transfer switches (ATSs)
- 24/7 on-site security guards in lobby
- Card access authentication
- Closed-circuit TV (CCTV) systems
- Cross-zoned VESDA
- Dual interlocked pre-action fire suppression
- N+1 cooling infrastructure
- Enwave’s cooling system (pumps cold water from Lake Ontario to cool condensers of chillers supplying chilled water)
- Liebert in-row cooling solutions paired with hot aisle containment systems
- Humidification monitoring and control sensors
Why 151 Front is So Impressive
One of North America’s most connected buildings with nine unique fibre-optic networks and access to the national fibre backbone, 151 Front has 25 points of entry. This provides pathway diversity, flexibility in service providers and over 7,000 strands of fibre.
A Flash From the Past
|2004||Amanah took a huge leap, relocating from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to Toronto, Ontario. Setting up shop at 151 Front Street West, we were now situated in the internet hub of Canada.|
|2013||We became the first Canadian company to offer 100TB dedicated servers.|
|2015||Amanah’s organic growth accelerated with the purchase of Cogeco-Peer1’s downtown facility at 1 Yonge Street. Now we had the ability to deliver cost-effective colocation services right in the downtown core.|
|2018||We became the first Canadian colocation company to provide simple and cost effective Cloud Connectivity services. So today, Amanah colocation clients can securely and directly connect to Amazon, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.|
Join our developing ecosystem of suppliers, partners and customers
Whether you’re a supplier, partner or client, if you know a business that can benefit from our dedicated servers or colocation services, refer them to us. We’d be ever so grateful. And to prove how much we appreciate referrals, we give you a monthly commission fee for the life span of each client you send our way.