Acceptable Use Policy
For the purposes of this Acceptable Use Policy (the “AUP”), the “Customer” is an individual or organization that has entered into a service agreement with Amanah Tech Inc. (hereinafter, “Amanah”) for use of Amanah’s systems and Service. This AUP, including the list of Prohibited Activities (as defined below), is an integral part of each service agreement for services with Amanah. This AUP also applies to Amanah’s operational partners. This Policy was designed to prevent unacceptable uses of Amanah’s systems and Service and to ensure that Amanah is able to provide the level and quality of Service that Amanah’s Customers expect and consistent with its corporate values. Each Amanah Customer is responsible for ensuring that the use of Service provided to such customers complies with this AUP. Failure to comply with this AUP could result in termination of services by Amanah. Amanah reserves the right to modify the AUP at any time, effective upon posting at https://www.amanah.com/legal/AUP/. The continued use of the Amanah Systems and Service after an amended policy has been posted will be deemed as acceptance of the amended policy.
Prohibited Activities of Amanah Systems and Service
- Transmission, collection, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is strictly prohibited. This includes, without limitation: (i) material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, (ii) any activity that disseminates, promotes or facilitates child pornography, materials that involve non-consensual sexual pornography or any other illegal pornographic content, (iii) material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws, (iv) posting any content that threatens, advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence; and (v) violating the personal privacy of another individual.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Amanah’s network is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Amanah’s network, is prohibited. Amanah accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Amanah customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Amanah-hosted domain, or referencing any Amanah account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Policy or the policy of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of flooding, phishing attacks, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with the intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Amanah customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Customers are required to responsibly manage hosted content and sub-customers so as to not attract network attacks including Denial of Service (DOS) or Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Customers must take rapid measures to move content to other delivery systems as required. Using Amanah’s Services to interfere with the use of the Amanah network by other customers or authorized users.
- Using Amanah’s Services to host an online pharmacy not certified by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association.
- Installation or distribution of “pirated” or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by Customer.
- Actions that restrict or inhibit anyone – whether a Customer of Amanah or otherwise – in his or her use or enjoyment of Amanah’s products and services, or that generate excessive network traffic through the use of automated or manual routines that are not related to ordinary personal or business use of Internet services.
- Executing any form of network monitoring that will intercept data not intended for the Customer.
- Failing to comply with Amanah’s procedures relating to the activities of customers on Amanah-owned facilities.
- Furnishing false or incorrect data on the order form contract (electronic or paper) including fraudulent use of credit card numbers or attempting to circumvent or alter the processes or procedures to measure time, bandwidth utilization or other methods to document “use” of Amanah’s products or services.
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act Notice
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each Amanah`s Customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Amanah, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Amanah’s Customer is solely responsible for use of their account, regardless if such use occurred without the account holder’s consent or knowledge. If Amanah believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of this AUP (direct, or indirect, including violations by a third party) has occurred, it may take immediate responsive action. Amanah is entitled to remove the offending material, establish immediate or temporary filtering, deny access, isolate and preserve data, suspend or terminate the Amanah Service, engage law enforcement or take any other appropriate action, as determined by Amanah, in addition to any remedies provided by any agreement to provide Amanah Service. Amanah is not responsible for, and shall not be held liable for any damages resultant of any conduct, content, communications, goods and services available on or through Amanah’s systems and services. The failure to enforce this AUP, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time. If any portion of this Policy is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. This AUP shall be exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the governing law provision set out in the service agreement between Customer and Amanah.
If you are unsure of whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact Amanah at [email protected]